Shannon McRoberts operates the www.shannonmcroberts.com website, which provides books, updates about what Shannon is doing, poetry, a blog, a newsletter subscription if you subscribe, and whatever else Shannon wants to post about.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decides to subscribe to our newsletter or follow our website. Generally, we will not contact you unless you use a contact form to which we will reply via email or you have subscribed to our email based newlsetter service. If you use a contact form, we often will reply back via the provided email. If you subscribe to the newsletter, we generally will send you a newsletter a few times a month. You are free to unsubscribe at anytime. If you follow the blog with the built in WordPress follow option, you may receive an email with every blog post update.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while subscribed to Shannon McRoberts’ Newsletter or website, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, email address, and country where you reside. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you subscribe to our newsletter, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our newsletter that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the clicks on those pages, and other statistics.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
To enable certain functions of the Service
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
To facilitate our website;
To provide the newsletter on our behalf – but we will let you know;
To perform website-related services; or
To assist us in analyzing how our newsletter is being optimized.
We want to inform our subscribers that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
archhosting.net – provides my Domain support, hosting, WordPress install, and domain email service.
Gmail.com–Another service which I may email you from if you use a contact form.
MailerLite – creates my campaigns for newsletters, landing pages for new subscribers with “Double Opt in” requirements.
Instafreebie – used to hand out FREE books for new subscribers. Although they may ask for your email to get a book, I do not get that from Instafreebie as I only use them as a safe way to deliver digital books.
Books2Read.com-book links are supplied by this company which is ran by Draft2Digital, one of my book publishers. No personal information is collected by the link.
Sumo.me from AppSumo.com–a plug in that works to help facilitate my “contact me” forms.
Contact Form 7–A WordPress Plug in that works to help facility my “contact me” forms.
Jet Pack–A WordPress Plug In.
WordPress–The infrastructure my website is built on.
If at any time, you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact me.
Some More GDPR Wording:
- Who is collecting the data? Shannon McRoberts.
- What data is being collected? I collect your e-mail address if you submit it on my sign up form to send out my newsletters to you. I also ask for your name so I can “personalize” the e-mails.
- What is the legal basis for processing the data? You give me your consent to send you an email with my newsletter when you opt in via my sign up form.
- Will the data be shared with any third parties? I share your e-mail only with MailerLite, which is my e-mail service. You use a MailerLite form to sign up. It adds your e-mail to my list in my MailerLite account which I have access to. I also reply to my “contact me” sections via email and those e-mails will be sent through Gmail or my domain hosting of Archhosting.
- How will the information be used? I will only use your e-mail to send you an e-mail newsletter. This may contain books, stories, or information on books and art you might like to buy.
- How long will the data be stored for? I will keep your e-mail for as long as you want to be on my list. You can easily unsubscribe at ANY time by using the included links.
- What rights does the data subject have? You have the right to unsubscribe to my email and ask that your e-mail be “forgotten”. If you unsubscribe you will not get any more e-mails.
- How can the data subject raise a complaint? You may use any of my “contact me” links on this website, www.shannonmcroberts.com, to send me a private communication.
My webpage and newsletter is intended for US audiences in accordance to EU GDPR compliancy. The offers and deals in the newsletters are only for US audiences.
I do not process any payments on this website, which is www.shannonmcroberts.com. I do not sell anything on this website, which is shannonmcroberts.com. Third party sellers handle all my art and book sales. This website is written in American English.
I do collect consenting adults’ e-mails to join my newsletter and I do send out e-mail based newsletters to those that are on my active subscriber list.