Techy Talk: Productivity Helpers
In a world where most authors are also working a 40 hour work week to pay the bills, finding time to work on your books, your author platform, and your laundry can be a challenge. So, what can you do? Enter productivity helpers! Each week I will share something I have found to help me get all the words and save time!
After I get home from work, I find I don’t often have enough time to turn on my desktop computer and write. Even though there are 6 hours between when I arrive home and go to bed, it’s often gobbled up by making dinner, eating dinner, family time, and next day prep. Some nights, I am fortunate and we have a quick meal. Less cooking equals more time to write!
Most nights, though, I am occupied until bed-time. That doesn’t mean my inner muse is quiet and complacent. (She hates folding laundry as much as I do) My muse demands to stretch her creative fingers at least once a day. My answer to that? Getting tools to help me maximize my time.
My first productivity helper is a Logitech K375s Wireless Keyboard. The keyboard comes with a bonus stand for my phone plus it can pair up to 3 different Bluetooth peripherals. That makes it easy to switch from my phone to my iPad with the push of a button.
1. Full-Sized Keyboard, Full Sized Typing & Speed
2. Lightweight for traveling
3. No cords
4. Unlocks my phone’s potential as a miniature computer
What do I do with it to maximize time?
1. Allows me to type in the kitchen while I cook
2. Allows me to type when I am on my lunch break at my day job
3. Once it is set up, it’s ready to connect to my peripherals in a few seconds
What are the limitations?
1. Full sized-keyboard can be cumbersome to pack
2. It isn’t rechargeable and runs on batteries
3. I tend to forget it sometimes b/c of the size
Here is a link to where I purchased mine.