KAT: A GREAT Read
This Blitz is a bit of a change of pace for us We are doing something different and fun as Author Ren Garcia is making YouTube videos telling you the backstory of each chapter in his book and then narrating the chapter. The Treasure Hunt Questions will be based on the videos and you can answer the questions in the Rafflecopter.
Ren Garcia is a Science Fiction/Fantasy author and Texas native who grew up in western Ohio. He has been writing since before he could write, often scribbling alien lingo on any available wall or floor with assorted crayons. He attended The Ohio State University and majored in English Literature.
Ren has been an avid lover of anything surreal since childhood. He also has a passion for caving, urban archaeology, taking pictures of clouds, and architecture. He currently lives in Columbus, Ohio with his wife, and their four dogs.
Raised in the dark under the lash of the Black Hat Sisterhood, when the woman who would become known as Kat, is sent on a suicide mission into the heart of the League, she was not expected to survive. Her mission: discover the identity of the fabled Shadow tech Goddess, a being who does not exist. All other considerations, including her possible death, are secondary.
But, Kat is guided by higher powers, by merciful hands that feed her, clothe her and whisper in her ear. As she watches the sun rise for the first time, she recalls their words: “Be strong,” they said. “You have much to live for.
Subscribe to Author Ren Garcia’s Youtube Channel for more clips like this one.
The answer to Treasure Hunt Question #17 is in this video.
Interview with Author Ren Garcia Answering as Kat, the 1st Countess of the House of Belmont-South Tyrol:
1. When you walk into a room what do you notice first? Second? Oh, you’re going to think I’m weird or something, but the wallpaper. I just LOVE wallpaper. I like to look at it, and I like to touch it, especially if it’s padded wallpaper like we have in the Chalk House. Hehe, you know, I even like licking the wallpaper when nobody’s watching. I guess countesses aren’t supposed to do that sort of thing. But, yeah, I like the taste of the glue. The second thing I look for is a bathroom. I love sitting in bathrooms. Yeah, I’m mental, I guess.
2. How would you change the world? The things around you? The people around you? I don’t know—I’m still pretty new to the world and how it works. I guess I just want everybody to love each other. I’ve spent such a long time not being loved, I want to make up for it now. Love all around, everybody happy. Let’s dance and love each other. Why not?
3. How do you learn best? On the floor, after lunch. I love sitting on the floor. I feel all caged up in a chair. Yeah, I’m weird, right? But, that’s how G taught me to read mostly, us sitting nose to nose on the floor. I think I’ve thrown more chairs than have actually sat in them. Chairs are great for throwing, but, they kind of hurt my back.
4. What are your goals in life? You’re making my head hurt, haha. I just want to be a good wife and a good mom once we have kids. That might sound simple, I guess, but when you’ve lived underground under the Black Hat’s heel for most of your life, it’s the simple things you crave. Oh—I guess I want to master my Shadow tech too. I’m trying, I practice all the time, and I’m trying not to cheat using NatalZ of Mund’s ‘squash data’ we got in Vain. That’s cheating. I want to figure out how to make StT’s, like NatalZ could. But, it’s really, really hard. Hey, you’re not a Black Hat are you?
5. What unusual hobbies or interests do you have? (Kat blushes) Well, ok, I’ll just tell you. I love tying G up. I’ll tie him to anything. Have sex isn’t the same unless he’s trussed-up like a Nether Day goose. Umm, that doesn’t freak you out or anything, does it? I mean, it’s all in good fun. I’m sure other countesses tie their guys up—look what they’re missing out on. I love my G … but I really, really, really love him all tied up.
6. What are you most afraid of? Well, I really don’t like being shut into confined spaces. It’s not something I like talking about much. I just don’t like small spaces.
7. If you had one wish, what would it be? (Kat tears up) My Sisters … Bird, Walker, even Wheel. I’d give anything to have them back. Really miss them. I’m sorry, I need to step away for a moment …
8. What do you like best about yourself? I like my hair. Yeah. I like the color and I like my temples freshly shaved. I like how my hair whips around when it’s windy. I could sit in the boudoir for hours letting them comb my hair. I used to not like my hair color, but, as few other people seem to have it, I guess it makes me stand out a little.
9. What do you like least about yourself? I’m too short. When I want to kiss my G, I’ve got to stand on something, or he’s got to stoop. I loved how tall Walker was, that’s how I’d like to be: longer legs, way tall, my head in the clouds.
10. What do you think other people think of you? I have no idea. G likes me, his sister Lyra likes me, and the other 28 sisters are coming around. I guess that’s fine with me for now. The people I love, love me back, and that’s great. The people in Tyrol seem cool, I don’t have issues with anybody. I know I’m probably not what they were expecting as far as a countess and all, but, what you see is what you get. I’m happy, and that’s all that matters.
Treasure Hunt Questions 15-17: (put your answers in the rafflecopter below)
(One of the Rafflecopter Prizes is specifically for the Treasure Hunt Winner)
1- A Persistent Professor – YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeZm1AWlrbM
Question: What sort of Extra-Planar Entity does Professor Shurlamp believe Lord Belmont to be?
A: The Merthig
B: The Kaidar Gemain
C: The Merten
D: The Outcast
2- Return to Clovis – YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDtal0dKY88
Question: What do Lord Belmont and Kat do upon meeting in Clovis?
A: They fall in love
B: They kiss
C: They shake hands
D: They fight
3- An Unwelcome Dinner Guest – YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqu87khoag
Question: What does Kat demand Lord Belmont do prior to her disclosing the location of the Demon in Blue Lights?
A: Let her watch TV
B: Give her room and board
C: Teach her to read.
D: Give her a lump-sum cash payment of 10,000 sestercies
See our Official Event Page for links to where you can find the rest of the Treasure Hunt Questions.